Catalogue record detail
Book Russia vs. the EU : the competition for influence in post-Soviet states / Jakob Tolstrup.
Publication year: 2014.
Call Number DK67.5.R8 T65 2014
Media class: Book
Publisher: Boulder, Colorodo : FirstForumPress
ISBN: 9781935049937 1935049933
Extent: xi, 295 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Total number of loans: 0
Loans this year: 0
Number of reservations: 0
"Do Russia and the European Union have any substantial influence over the political trajectories of post-Soviet states? Shedding new light on the interplay between domestic and external drivers of regime change, Jakob Tolstrup analyzes the impact of Russia and the EU on the democratization and autocratization processes in Belarus, Moldova, and Ukraine"--Publisher's web site.
Setting the stage : post-Soviet Belarus, Moldova, and Ukraine -- Studying the influence of external actors -- A theory of external influence -- The period of uncertainty : 1991-1994 -- Ruling elites regain control : 1995-1999 -- Competition for domestic power and external influence intensifies : 2000-2004 -- The return of geopolitics : 2005-2010 -- Overall trends in Russian and EU influence.
- European Union countries -- Foreign relations -- Former Soviet republics.
- Former Soviet republics -- Foreign relations -- European Union countries.
- Former Soviet republics -- Foreign relations -- Russia (Federation)
- Geopolitics -- Former Soviet republics.
- Russia (Federation) -- Foreign relations -- Former Soviet republics.